If you are involved in a motor vehicle accident whilst on hire, please follow this procedures:
(a) At the Accident Scene you must:
1. Obtain the names and addresses of third parties and any witnesses.
2. Report the accident to police, regardless of estimated damage costs.
3. Not accept blame or insist the other party is at fault.
4. If possible, photograph damage to all vehicle(s) and registration number(s).
5. Phone us on (call 0800 788 558) with the accident details within 24 hours. We recommend a local sim to be able to contact us free of charge.
(b) At the Branch
1. You must produce your driver’s licence and provide a copy of the police report (if applicable) along with any supporting photographs.
2. You may be required to pay the cost of any Damage to the campervan (if applicable, in accordance with Vehicle Damage - Liability and Liability Reduction Option clause) and any other amount due in respect of any damage arising from an accident, loss or damage. This amount is payable at the time of reporting ‘the event’ and not at completion of the Rental Period.
3. You will need to pay us the daily rental rate for the period the vehicle is off fleet for accident repairs [demurrage].
4. One of our Local Host will ensure the Motor Vehicle Accident Report is completed clearly and accurately, and signed by you.
(c) Exchange Vehicle
1. The availability of an exchange vehicle is not guaranteed; providing a replacement campervan to complete your holiday is subject to availability, your location, accident liability and remaining hire duration. Additional charges may also be incurred (see below).
2. If a replacement campervan is required as the result of an accident, you will be responsible for making your own way to the nearest branch or pickup location, at your own cost.
3. We may offer you the option of paying an “Exchange Vehicle Relocation Fee” to send a driver to deliver the exchange vehicle to your location.
4. You will need to pay for any costs relating to delivery of an exchange campervan as a result of any single Vehicle accident. This charge applies irrespective of any Liability Reduction Option taken.
5. If an exchange vehicle is provided, any Liability Reduction Option purchased at the commencement of the Rental Period may, at our discretion (including where it considers the exchange vehicle is at risk of damage) be terminated with effect from the date of provision of the exchange vehicle (and you will not be charged the additional per day charge in respect of the Liability Reduction Option from that date). If we exercise our right to terminate the Liability Reduction Option, a Liability Deposit will be required to be paid by the Customer at the time of provision of the exchange vehicle. If you did not purchase the Liability Reduction Option at the commencement of the Rental Period and paid a Liability Deposit, the Customer acknowledges that a new Liability Deposit will be required to be paid for the exchange vehicle.
(d) Time Frame for Settlement of Customer Liability Claims
1. We shall use our best endeavours to ensure that any money due back to you is forwarded as quickly as possible, however third party claims can take months or even years to resolve. We cannot force the destiny of these claims, and we ask that you acknowledge that handling of these claims is up to our Insurer and the third party, whether they be insured or not.
2. We agree to refund any Liability Deposit within 60 days of receiving final resolution and payment relating to third party claims.
3. For information regarding outstanding claims or Liability Deposit refunds please contact the Claims Department on 0064 9 255 0620 during office hours.
4. We ask that you agree to provide all reasonable assistance to us in handling any claim including providing all relevant information and attending Court to give evidence.
Important Note:Under no circumstances should you attempt to start or drive a vehicle that has been involved in an accident, damaged by rollover, water submersion or any other means without permission from us.